Before calling the EnergyNet Tech Support line, please follow these steps:
DO NOT press the reset button on any EnergyNet receiver or router. Doing so erases the programming and requires returning the equipment to the Hopkinsville Electric office for reprogramming.
- If you have an EnergyNet desktop receiver, make certain the antennas are plugged in tightly and pointed straight up.
- Place other wireless devices, such as wireless routers, cordless phones, gaming systems, and Bluetooth devices at least 4-5 feet away from the EnergyNet receiver.
- Reboot the EnergyNet receiver by unplugging it and plugging it back in. The receiver will reset within two minutes.
- If you have a router or EnergyNet router, unplug the router and plug it back in. Most routers should reboot within two minutes.
- Restart your computer then check to see if the Internet problem is resolved.
If following these steps does not resolve your issue, and you use a router, bypass the router to see if it is causing problems.
- To bypass the router, locate the cable that supplies internet service to the router. On most routers, it will be plugged into a port labeled “Internet”.
- Unplug this cable from the router and plug it directly into the ethernet port of a computer.
- Unplug the EnergyNet receiver from power to reboot it.
- Restart your computer and open your internet browser to see if your speed improves. If it does, contact your router manufacturer to determine the issue with the router. If you have an EnergyNet router, contact EnergyNet technical support. If it does not, reconnect your router to the EnergyNet receiver and reboot both devices by unplugging them from power and plugging them back in, then contact EnergyNet technical support.
For fastest service, contact EnergyNet technical support at (270) 887-0763 for further assistance.
You may also contact us via email using the form below. We will reply as quickly as possible.
EnergyNet does not provide technical support for computers, routers, networking devices or software due to the vast number of devices available. EnergyNet technical support will do everything it can to make certain your EnergyNet internet service is working properly. Technical issues with equipment or software must be addressed with the manufacturer or seller.