Heating and cooling your home accounts for between 25-50% of your home’s energy usage. So if you’re looking for a way to lower your energy bills, home weatherization improvements are a great place to start. Weatherization improvements can include replacing your home’s central air unit with a modern, high-efficiency unit, adding insulation, sealing the air leaks in your home, or replacing your home’s doors and windows.
The TVA EnergyRight Program, offered by Hopkinsville Electric System (HES), allows you to assess your home’s current state of energy efficiency using a DIY energy efficiency assessment tool, or by having a TVA energy efficiency expert conduct a virtual energy efficiency audit of your home. Either audit then offers guidance for improvements that would lower your energy costs. In addition to receiving professional home energy efficiency advice, the EnergyRight Program also gives you the opportunity to apply for a loan to finance your home improvements if you qualify. The table below shows what improvements can be financed.
The process to apply for a loan can all be done online and loan approval can be obtained in minutes. To get started, follow the steps outlined below.
- Step 1– Register your home online at www.energyright.com
- Step 2– Under the “My Program” tab, click “Apply for Financing” at the lower right
- Step 3– Complete the FREE online application and receive a credit decision instantly
- Step 4– If approved, click on the “Find Contractors” tab to view TVA’s Quality Contractor Network (QCN) listing. Choose one or more contractors from the list to obtain quotes for the upgrades you want to make.
- Step 5– Choose a QCN contractor(s) to install your upgrade(s). After your chosen contractor(s) installs your upgrade(s), close your loan. The online loan closing is completely paperless – you can even sign electronically!