The current Covid-19 crisis has affected many of our customers financially due to business and plant closures. As most of you are aware, state and federal programs are being altered or created daily to help Americans during this difficult time. HES/energynet wants to remind our customers of one such program, the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). The LIHEAP program assists families in need with the cost of home energy.
Locally, Pennyrile Allied Community Services (PACS) administers this program. They have provided the following information regarding the LIHEAP Program.
- Spring enrollment will operate through July 31st, or until funds are depleted
- One-time benefit to eligible households on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Income eligibility has increased to 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Amount of the benefit is determined by factors such as income, household size, housing type, fuel type
- An overdue bill or disconnect notice is NOT required
- Families do not have to own their home or pay energy bills directly to the utility company to be eligible for assistance.
Applications can now be completed online at: https://pacs.itfrontdesk.com or by calling (270) 632-2313.