If you are applying for electric service for a new business site, there is an application process. Please click here to download the form.
To start or transfer business service for an existing location:
Bring the following to the HES office:
- A current photo ID
- Proof you will be operating the business at the address you are requesting service for (ex. deed, sales contract, lease or rental agreement)
- $25 connection fee (cash, check or credit card)
Business Deposit Policy:
A deposit or suitable guarantee (irrevocable bank letter of credit or surety bond) equal to twice the average monthly bill of the address the customer is seeking to secure commercial service for may be required before service is established. If the customer is establishing a NEW service where no history exists, the HES engineer on site will be consulted and suitable deposit will be determined based on demand and energy requirements. If the Customer has chosen a suitable guarantee and said guarantee is cancelled or otherwise becomes null and void. HES may require an immediate cash deposit. Cash deposits greater than one month’s average bill and retained by HES more than twelve months will earn interest annually based on the rate of interest earned on the HES passbook savings account. HES may at its option return deposit plus any accrued interest to Customer after 60 consecutive months in which all payments were made on or before the due date and no payments were rejected or declined by the customer’s financial institution and there are no current delinquencies on said or other accounts in the Customers name. Upon termination of service, deposit may be applied by HES against unpaid bills of Customer, and if any balance remains after such application is made, said balance shall be refunded to Customer. The deposit balance (including interest) and adequacy is subject to review by the customer and HES.
To disconnect an existing business service:
A person listed on the account must visit the HES office and bring a current photo ID.
- You must provide the date you want the service turned off.
- Your final meter reading will be taken when the service is disconnected.
- If you have a deposit, your final bill will be deducted from the deposit.
- If you have a surplus, a check will be mailed to you. If the deposit does not cover your final amount due, a bill for the remaining amount will be sent to the forwarding address you provide.
HES may establish and collect standard charges to cover the reasonable average cost, including administration, of connection, reconnection, or disconnection of service. These fees are listed in the table below.
Establish new service: $25
Transfer service: $25
Establish/Transfer service after hours: $75
- If meter is functioning properly: $0 1st test, $25 thereafter
- If meter is malfunctioning: N/C
Returned check charge: $25
- Reconnect during business hours: $25 + past due amount
- Reconnect after business hours: $75 + past due amount
- Reconnect at pole- all hours: $75 + past due amount
Meter tampering: $100 + meter cost + estimated usage
*Customers who are reconnected for non-payment may be subject to an updated deposit based on the current deposit policy.